The Pirates are a proud member of the Fraser Valley Dragon Boat Club. Formed in the spring of 2005 we fun loving bunch of scalawags have a flavourful and storied history. We are a wonderful blend of ladies and gentlemen from all different backgrounds, walks of life and paddling experience. We have some seasoned vets, others with a handful of years under their belts and a whole bunch of brand new paddlers. We all have one thing in common and that is a love for paddling.
We enjoy the fun and comradery that follows this great sport. We love racing and playing on the water. We practice twice weekly during the season and ask that our team members make at least one of those practices. We participate in a number of regattas during the year. These entertaining events can take us all over the Lower Mainland and sometimes beyond. Participation in these regattas is not mandatory.
With the beginning of a New Year come new goals to reach for and definitely more fun to be had. We are looking for some new men and women to jump aboard and try their hands at this exciting sport. No experience is required. All equipment supplied. There is no time like the present to join. We hope to see you on the water with us this year.
Why Become a Pirate
- Join the Pirates for the 2017 season and make this spring/summer and unforgettable one
- Get off the couch and back into your community. Enjoy a lifestyle only a water sport can provide
- Join a team of crazy, fun loving people who can make your mundane weekends a little spicier
- Learn an internationally acclaimed sport - dragon boating is one of the fastest growing water sports in the world
- Race against other teams from around the area
- Disconnect from the pressures of work or family and reconnect with yourself
- Get to wear the coolest team shirts ever
- Dynamite logo too - just sayin
If this sounds like something you are interested in then please contact me right. I will get back to you with 24 hours. Promise
Scott Farrell - NCCP Trained Coach